Following the success of expanded access at Victoria’s six high-volume vaccination centres, a raft of additional vaccination centres managed by Victorian health services will now be open to the eligible public.
In addition to high-volume vaccination centres at the Royal Exhibition Building, Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, the former Ford Factory, the Heidelberg Repatriation Hospital, Sunshine Hospital and Mercure Ballarat, the following vaccination centres will be open to the eligible public on 3 May 2021:
- Bendigo Hospital
- Latrobe Regional Hospital – Traralgon Racecourse
- Albury Wodonga Health – Wodonga Community vaccination clinic
- GV Health – Shepparton Showgrounds, McIntosh Centre
- Eastern Health – Box Hill
- Eastern Health – Ringwood East Community Clinic*
- Northern Health – Epping
- Monash Health – Monash Medical Centre*
- Monash Health – Dandenong*
- Monash Health – Kingston*
- Monash Health – Moorabbin*
- St John of God Hospital – Berwick*
- Peninsula Health – Rosebud Hospital*
- Peninsula Health – Frankston*
- Austin Health – Olivia Newton John Centre*
*phone bookings only initially, no walk-ins
A new high-volume vaccination centre located at the Cranbourne Turf Club will also open 4 May 2021.
Phone bookings remain strongly encouraged at all sites allowing walk-ins. When Victorians call the booking service by dialling 1800 675 398 (and selecting option 3, option 2, option 2) they can discuss the centre that’s right for them, based on availability, age and vaccine type.
A number of these open access centres will offer a clear pathway to the Pfizer vaccine strictly for those eligible to receive it. The Pfizer vaccine is supply limited and prioritised for eligible people under the age of 50 in phase 1a and 1b of the Commonwealth’s program, in line with advice from ATAGI.
More information about locations, vaccine and walk-in access is also available at coronavirus.vic.gov.au/vaccine. For more information about the Commonwealth’s vaccination program, visit health.gov.au.
Source: Vic Government