The WA Government will provide $700,000 to ensure the $3.4 million project to refurbish Kambalda Aquatic Facility will be completed, following the pool’s closure.
The funding will assist the Shire of Coolgardie to undertake upgrades to the 48-year old facility – the only outdoor 50 metre pool in the Coolgardie-Kambalda area.
The project includes the following upgrades:
- Upgrading the 50-metre pool and plant;
- Refurbishing the change rooms;
- Relocating the administration office;
- Upgrading the first aid room; and
- Developing a new universal access pool to replace the existing learn-to-swim pool.
The $700,000 funding is being provided from the Community Sporting and Recreation Facilities Fund – the State Government’s principal infrastructure and facilities fund to help Western Australian communities to build quality sporting infrastructure in their local area.
The contribution comes in addition to a $1.75 million loan provided by the State Government to ensure the important project can go ahead for the Kambalda community and its surrounds.
Source: WA Government