NT Minister for Tourism, Sport and Culture, Lauren Moss announced funding of $285,000 to support nine projects through the NT Government’s 2018-19 Regional Museums Grant Support Program, including five projects from Central Australia.
The program provides assistance to regional museums, keeping places and community art galleries in the preservation, collection and display of the Territory’s unique cultural heritage.
2018-19 Regional Museum Grant recipients include:
- Heritage Alice Springs Inc to deliver a series of six art exhibitions at The Residency from July to December 2019.
- National Pioneer Women’s Hall of Fame for the Curatorial Development of the Old Gaol Kitchen.
- Central Australian Territory Craft Inc. for the Alice Craft Acquisition Digitisation Catalogue.
- Central Australian Aviation Museum for the Damian Miller Room Display.
- Alice Springs Town Council for the Alice Springs Public Library Collection Cultural Sensitivity Assessment.
- The Aviation Historical Society of the Northern Territory to develop and install a new permanent exhibit at the Darwin Aviation Museum to celebrate the anniversary of The 1919 Great Air Race.
- The Aviation Historical Society of the Northern Territory to create a display of WWII Allied Aircraft Nose Art.
- Mantiyupwi Trust for new permanent displays at the Patakijitali Museum to celebrate the 2019 International Year of Indigenous Languages.
- Jilamara Arts and Crafts Association for the Muluwurri Museum Database and Valuation.
Source: NT Government