Nominations are now open for the 2020 Northern Territory Sports Awards.
The NT Sports Awards recognise the outstanding achievements of Territory athletes, coaches, sporting officials and volunteers across eight categories, with previous recipients including Olympians and Commonwealth Games champions.
The 2019 winners included international cricket superstar D’Arcy Short who was named Sportsperson of the Year and Palmerston BMX champion Caitlin Jong who took out the Junior Sportsperson of the Year.
Nominated award categories include:
- NT Sportsperson of the Year
- NT Junior Sportsperson of the Year
- NT Masters Sportsperson of the Year
- NT Team of the Year
- Eric Johnston Coach of the Year
- NT Official of the Year
- NT Volunteer of the Year
- NT Local Performance of the Year.
Recipients of the non-nominated categories are also announced at the Awards:
- NT Hall of Champions acknowledges the Territory’s greatest sportspeople
- NT Roll of Honour recognises the important role of coaches, administrators and officials
- Steve Abala Role Model, the ‘Administrator’s Medal’, awarded to an athlete who demonstrates a positive and encouraging example for others to follow.
The NT Sports Awards will be celebrated at a gala event in Darwin on Saturday 18 April 2020. Tickets will be available in the New Year.
Nominations close Sunday 16 February 2020.
Source: NT Government