Dubbo Regional Council would like to advise the community that work to install a new accessible amenity block within Cameron Park Wellington will commence Monday 11 May 2020.
The existing amenity block will still be operational during the construction, with work expected to be complete within 2 weeks.
Notes about the works:
- The new amenity block is in line with the Disability Inclusion Action Plan.
- Repositioned close to the new playground and Wiradjuri Cultural Centre.
- Crime prevention has been incorporated into the design.
The amenity block layout is made up of:
- 1 x accessible unisex booth
- 2 x unisex ambulant booth
- 1 x Changing Places area incorporating an adult changing table and hoist
The new amenity block will feature a total of 2 historical images of the park from the early 1900s to be included on the exterior walls, which were kindly provided from the archives of the Wellington Historical Society.
To accommodate the new amenity block, 2 Box Elder trees will require removal. The tree removal will take place on Friday 8 May 2020. Dubbo Regional Council has already planted over 40 additional trees in Cameron Park, with further plantings scheduled.
Source: Dubbo Regional Council