Upgrades to Flynn Drive oval are complete as part of the Territory Government’s $6.2 million investment to improve community sporting infrastructure in Alice Springs.
Local contractor, Complete Constructions NT has completed work on new referees and medical offices and upgrading of the canteen and change rooms.
Flynn Drive oval is one of seven projects in the $6.2 million investment which includes:
- Resurfacing the hockey pitch at Traeger Avenue (completed in July 2018)
- Evaporative cooler and fans at the Alice Springs Basketball Centre (completed September 2019)
- Jim McConville oval change rooms and canteen facility (works in progress)
- Ross Park change room and canteen (works in progress)
- Rhonda Diano oval upgrades to track and field amenities (planning in progress)
- Albrecht oval additional change room and grandstand (works in progress)
The Territory Government continues to work with the Alice Springs Town Council to deliver the community priority projects.
Source: NT Government